The Edinburgh Address Ltd. Campervan
– Terms & Conditions of Hire
1st Copy Issued 5.5.2019
As with any rental agreement, there are some important details of the terms and conditions of hire. We have set these out as simply and clearly as we can, and they are important as they form the basis of your contract with The Edinburgh Address Ltd. Please read them carefully, and ring us if you have any questions before submitting/signing the
1.1 The Edinburgh Address Ltd means The Edinburgh Address Ltd (Company Registered Number SC340134), Registered office International House, 38 Thistle Street, Edinburgh EH2 1EN, Scotland, UK ; wherever the words “we”, “us” or “our” appear in these Terms and Conditions, this means The Edinburgh Address Ltd;
1.2 Booking Confirmation means the email we send you (after receiving a completed Booking Form or a phone call from you with the details of your booking) confirming the details of your booking with us, including the dates and times for the collection and return of the Campervan, the confirmed Hire Price and the date before which the balance of the Hire Price must be paid;
1.3 Booking Form means The Edinburgh Address Ltd’ pro forma booking form available from the Website or upon request from us;
1.4 Campervan means any van or other vehicle provided for hire by us in terms of the agreement for hire constituted by these Terms and Conditions and the Booking Form, together with the whole contents, accessories, equipment and all extras provided by us;
1.5 Contract means your contract with us comprising these Terms and Conditions and your duly completed Booking Form;
1.6 Deposit means a sum equivalent to 25% of the Hire Price;
1.7 Driver, Additional Driver means the person(s) named on a Booking Form as the main driver or additional driver of a Campervan;
1.8 Hire Period means the period from the collection of a Campervan by you from us until the return of the Campervan to us;
1.9 Hire Price means the total price payable for the hire of the Campervan for the Hire Period;
1.10 Insurance Policy means the insurance policy maintained by us for the purpose of providing insurance cover to persons hiring Campervans, the details of the policy are available from us;
1.11 Security Deposit means the sum of £1250 payable before the start of any Hire Period;
1.12 Terms and Conditions means these terms and conditions, as may be amended in writing between the parties from time to time;
1.13 Website means our website at www.theedinburghaddress.com; and
1.14 You means the person completing, signing and returning the Booking Form, or giving booking details by phone.
- Your Contract with The Edinburgh Address Ltd
2.1. Your Contract will come into effect once we have received the 25% non refundable deposit, unless you contact us to advise of an incorrect statement in the Booking Confirmation, in which case your Contract will come into effect 24 hours after we send you a revised Booking Confirmation.
2.2. Once the contract is in place, the Cancellation policy (section 4) applies.
2.3. If you breach any of the provisions of the Contract, we reserve the right to terminate the Contract with immediate effect without prejudice to any right of action we may have against you in respect of your breach.
- Booking a Campervan
3.1. In order to book a Campervan with us, you must complete a Booking Form (available from the Website or available in hard copy on request) or telephone us to give us the required details.
3.3. Your Deposit is due immediately. If we do not receive your Deposit within this 24 hours, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
3.4. The balance of the Hire Price must be paid a minimum of 6 weeks before the start of your Hire Period. If we do not receive the balance of the Hire Price by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and, in the event that we do so, you agree that we may retain your Deposit. If the start of your Hire Period is less than 6 weeks from the date we send you of the Booking Confirmation, the whole of the Hire Price is payable immediately. If the start of the Hire Period is less than 7 days from the of the date we send you the Booking Confirmation, the whole of the Hire Price is payable on or before the start of Hire Period.
3.5. We can accept payment by most major Debit and Credit Cards (please ask if you have any doubt whether we accept your Card). If paying by Debit or Credit Card, you authorise us to take payments from your Card.
3.5 There is a 4.3 % plus VAT service fee to help cover administration costs
- Cancellation Policy
4.1. Once your contract is in place (see section 2), this cancellation policy applies. To cancel you booking, you should ideally ring us to discuss, and then follow this up in writing (email or letter) to confirm.
4.2. If you cancel your booking with us, the following charges will apply:-
4.2.1 More than 6 weeks till arrival deposit payment only
4.2.2 Between 6 & 3 weeks till arrival deposit payment + 50% accommodation price
4.2.3 Less than 3 weeks till arrive deposit payment + 100% of accommodation price
4.3. If we cancel your booking with us for any reason other than:-
4.2.1 a breach by you of your Contract with us in accordance with Condition 2.3; or
4.2.2 an issue with your driving licence(s) as set out in Condition
4.4; then you will be entitled to a full refund of all sums paid to us. However, as detailed in Condition 13.2 below, we shall have no other liability to you.
4.4. We reserve the right to cancel your booking with us if, upon presentation of the Driver and/or Additional Driver’s driving licences to us, the driving licence(s) is/are invalid or do not correspond with the details noted on the Booking Form, and we shall be entitled to charge you the whole of the Hire Price.
5.1 Please see separate Terms and Conditions with details of your specific Insurance policy
5.2 Please note that The Insurance Policy does not provide cover of any sort for your own personal property – we recommend you take out your own travel insurance.
6.1. Only the person(s) named as the Driver and Additional Driver(s) on the Booking Form may drive the Campervan.
6.2. The terms of our Insurance Policy restrict the hire of Campervans to certain categories of person. While cover can usually be arranged under our Insurance Policy, this must be arranged in advance and you must let us know when you submit the Booking Form if you or any Additional Driver :-
6.2.1. are under 24 or over 70 years of age;
6.2.2. have held a full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or USA for less than 24 months;
6.2.3. have been convicted of an offence in connection with driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed (but please note that parking offences, “spent” convictions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 & not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be disregarded);
6.2.4. suffer from any mental or physical defect or infirmity or from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint;
6.2.5. have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
6.2.6. are engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or are professional sports persons.
6.2.7. are connected with racing of any sort (including horseracing);
6.2.8. have been involved in more than one accident whilst driving during the past 3 years; or
6.2.9. are foreign service personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
6.3 Before the start of your Hire Period, further Additional Drivers may be added to your booking at a cost per driver per day – the website will have the up to date pricing. A maximum of 3 Additional Drivers may be permitted to drive your Campervan. If you want an Additional Driver added to your booking at any time during your Hire Period, we reserve the right to make an additional charge for this.
- Collecting Your Campervan
7.1 We will advise in the Booking Confirmation when and where your Campervan can be collected. Collection times will normally be 9.30am, and return times 4.30pm. We always aim to be as flexible as possible with the collections and return times. If there are times outside of the 9.30am – 4.30pm which you would prefer, please inform us on the Booking Form’s ‘Extra Information’ section, and, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
7.2 While we will always seek to avoid doing so, we reserve the right to change the time of collection at any time up until 48 hours prior to the date of commencement of your Hire Period. 7.3 You can park your car free of charge at our Dalkeith premises for the duration of your Hire Period. Any car left at our premises is left entirely at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered to any car or its contents.
7.4 If you are late in collecting your Campervan from us, you will not be entitled to either a refund of any sums paid to us or an extension to your Hire Period. If you have not collected your Campervan from us within 24 hours of the time noted in the Booking Confirmation we reserve the right to cancel your booking without any notification. In such circumstances we are entitled to charge you the whole of the Hire Price in accordance with Condition 4.2.3 above, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any sums paid to us. If you know you are going to be late then please contact us, as we may be able to agree revised arrangements with you.
7.5 When collecting your Campervan, you should allow a period of 40 to 50 minutes for collection to allow us to show you around your Campervan, and for you to transfer your belongings to the Campervan.
- Security Deposit
8.1. 24 hours before you collect the Campervan we will take a Security Deposit from you. We will do this by taking your Credit Card details and deducting the payment from your account, and by providing these you are authorising us to process payment of the Security Deposit at any time during the Hire Period or the 14 days following the end of the Hire Period, or for longer if there is any on-going discussion about costs associated with your Hire Period
8.2. You authorise The Edinburgh Address Ltd to deduct from the Security Deposit any amount payable to us under these Terms and Conditions in relation to any damage, breakage or other costs incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of your negligent act or omission.
8.3. Your Security Deposit will be refunded in full if your Campervan is returned:-
8.3.1. on time; 8.3.2. undamaged and in neat, clean and tidy condition;
8.3.3. with a full tank of the appropriate fuel
8.3.4. with all kitchen equipment, additional hired equipment/extras undamaged;
8.3.5. with the Porta-Potti empty and clean (if hired);
8.3.6. without any fines, penalties, charges or unpaid road or bridge tolls having been incurred.
8.4 The charges applicable to Condition 8.3 are shown in Condition 12 below.
8.5 We will not be liable for any fines, penalties, charges, costs or unpaid road or bridge tolls incurred during your Hire Period, and in the event that we require to meet these then we reserve the right to seek payment of these from you, and you authorise us to deduct these from the Security Deposit. In the event that we refund your Security Deposit in full and we subsequently establish that you have incurred any of the liabilities listed above, we reserve the right to recover any such cost from you by deducting this from your Credit Card, together with a £25 administration charge.
8.6 If the costs due to us by you, or the loss or damage suffered by us as a result of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions, is greater than the amount of the Security Deposit, then we shall retain the whole of the Security Deposit and seek an additional payment from you for the balance of the amount owed to us.
- Using Your Edinburgh Address Campervan
9.1. During your Hire Period you must:-
9.1.1. take all reasonable steps to keep the Campervan in good, neat and tidy condition and well and properly maintained;
9.1.2. keep the Campervan within Scotland, England and Wales unless you have obtained written permission from us prior to the Hire Period;
9.1.3. drive safely and responsibly and ensure that the Campervan is under your control at all times;
9.1.4. check the tyre pressure, oil and water levels at least once a week and contact us immediately if any warning lights or indicators come on;
9.1.5. drive only on surfaced roads, with the exception of campsite fields/camping areas. When driving the Campervan other than on a surfaced road, you must take great care to ensure that you remain in control of the Campervan and ensure that the ground you are driving on is suitable and will not cause damage to the Campervan; and
9.1.6. use only the correct fuel for the Campervan.
9.1.7 Ensure that the water tank is empty
9.2. During your Hire Period you must not:-
9.2.1 Drive the campervan with the water tank containing any water whatsoever.
9.2.1. operate, drive or use the Campervan in any way which would or might violate the terms of your Contract with us;
9.2.2. drive recklessly, dangerously or without due care and attention;
9.2.3. overload the Campervan beyond its reasonable loading capacity;
9.2.4. smoke or allow anyone else to smoke in the Campervan or the Awning if hired;
9.2.5. engage in any form of racing, rallying or motorsport of any kind;
9.2.6. leave the Campervan unlocked whilst unattended;
9.2.7. tow any trailer caravan or any other item or vehicle unless you have specifically agreed this in writing with us prior to the Hire Period;
9.2.8. Commit any breach of any UK law, whether relating to road traffic or otherwise, in the Campervan; or
9.2.9. allow any pets or animals to enter the Campervan unless you have specifically agreed this in writing with us prior to the Hire Period.
10.1. Included within your Hire Price is a comprehensive Roadside Breakdown cover. If the Campervan breaks down during your Hire Period, you should contact the Breakdown Company on the numbers provided in the Roadside Breakdown documents which are in your Campervan. In the event of a breakdown, you must also contact us as soon as possible so we know what is happening and can establish whether we can help.
10.2. You can use the Roadside Breakdown cover to help repair/replace a damaged/punctured tyre, or the windscreen of the Campervan. However, you are liable for the full cost of any damage to the windscreen (including the cost of any replacement) and the cost of tyre damage or punctures (including the cost of replacing any tyres).
10.3. You are authorised to instruct repairs to the Campervan and the purchase replacement of parts up to a max cost of £100. In the event that you do instruct any repairs or replacement parts, you should obtain a receipt, and we will refund this to you at the end of the hire. If you do not keep a receipt, we reserve the right to refuse the reimbursement of any costs incurred by you. Repairs or replacement parts in excess of £100 must be approved by us before the work is undertaken or the parts ordered. We will not reimburse any costs incurred in excess of £100 unless prior approval is obtained.
10.4. If the Campervan suffers a breakdown and cannot be repaired or made roadworthy within a period of 24 hours, we will try our best to make an alternative Campervan available to you. However, this may not always be possible and we cannot guarantee that a replacement Campervan will be available. In the event that we are unable to supply a replacement Campervan, we will reimburse the cost of each day’s hire charge for each day’s full loss of hire, unless we in our sole discretion consider that your act or omission has caused the breakdown.
- If you have an accident or damage the Campervan
11.1. If you are involved in an accident involving the Campervan, you must:-
11.1.1. not admit guilt or liability or do/say anything which may be treated as an admission of guilt or liability;
11.1.2. take a record of the names, addresses and (as appropriate) insurance details of all 3rd parties involved and any witnesses;
11.1.3. notify the police if there is any damage or injury to property, people or animals;
11.1.4. complete the Accident Report form supplied with the Campervan, including sketches and photographs if possible;
11.1.5. contact us as soon as possible so we know what is happening & can establish whether we can help;
11.1.6. not abandon the Campervan without taking all reasonable steps to prevent any further damage or loss;
11.1.7. not drive the Campervan without our permission;
11.1.8. return the fully completed accident report form to us when you return the Campervan; and
11.1.9. in accordance with Condition 5.4, pay the excess due under the Insurance Policy to us.
11.2. If the Campervan cannot be repaired or made roadworthy within a period of 24 hours, we will try our best to make an alternative Campervan available to you, unless we in our sole discretion consider that your act or omission has caused the accident. However, this may not always be possible and we cannot guarantee that a replacement Campervan will be available. We will not refund any of the Hire Price, or other ancillary charges, if we are unable to provide you with a replacement Campervan, even if it shown either at the time, or subsequently that the liability for the accident was not yours.
11.3. If you damage the Campervan in any way (for example, smash a headlight, break an interior door handle, or break the tap fitting), it is very important that you contact us as soon as possible to let us know. This is particularly important to allow us to help you fix the problem if possible and also if we need to order any replacement parts for re-fitting on the day you return the Campervan at the end of your hire so it is ready for use again.
- Returning your Campervan
12.1. We will advise in the Booking Confirmation when and where your Campervan must be returned. Returning the Campervan to us on time is really important as we often work to tight turnaround schedules. If you believe that you might not be able to return the Campervan to us at the specified time, you must let us know as soon as possible.
12.2. We reserve the right to levy the following charges, by deduction from your Security Deposit or otherwise:-
12.2.1. £50 if you return the Campervan between 1 and 2 hours late, and a full daily hire rate if you return the Campervan more than 2 hours late;
12.2.2. a £25 charge for additional insurance costs in the event that you return the Campervan more than 1 hour late;
12.2.3. If fuel tank is not returned full, a £30 service charge will apply, plus the following charges: fuel tank empty (£120); 25% full (£90); 50% full (£60); 75% full (£30).
12.2.4. £50 Porta-Potti emptying charge if the Porta-Potti is not returned empty and clean; and
12.2.5. £50 cleaning charge if the Campervan interior is dirty/soiled. This charge shall be applied at our sole discretion, subject always to an obligation on us to act reasonably.
12.2.6. £100 if we believe you have smoked or allow anyone else to smoke in the Campervan or the Awning if hired.
13.1. We will not be liable for any death or personal injury sustained by you, any member of your party, or any third party except as arising directly as a result of our negligence.
13.2. We will not be liable for any costs incurred in connection with any replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or other losses resulting directly or indirectly from any unavailability, breakdown or other failure of a Campervan.
- Title/Ownership of the Campervan The Campervan shall at all times remain the property of The Edinburgh Address Ltd and you shall have no rights to the Campervan other than as hirer of the Campervan for the Hire Period. You must not do, permit or cause to be done any act, matter or thing which might prejudicially affect the rights of The Edinburgh Address Ltd in respect of the Campervan.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) The Hire Price and the price of any additional items, as stated in the Booking Confirmation is inclusive of Value Added Tax.
- Data Protection - we value your custom and value your privacy, and because of that we will not pass on any of your details to any third parties. You must opt in to our
- Law of Scotland to apply The Contract and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the and in accordance with Scots law. You agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts in relation to all matters arising under this Contract.
I accept that the driver is over 25 years old and has a valid clean driving license. I am happy to show a copy of my driving license to The Edinburgh Address Ltd.
COVID-19 - GUESTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Government means either the Scottish Government or Westminster (whoever has jurisdiction)
- Before arrival guests will be asked if they are symptom free. If guests have confirmed Covid-19 or Covid -19 symptoms before arrival then they should cancel their stay.
- All guests must complete a Health Questionnaire before arrival and return it.
- Guests should stay up to date with current Government Guidelines on health issues, any other guidance affecting their stay, and to follow any such guidelines once they have made their booking and during their stay.
- Guests are strongly advised to consider having insurance cover for any financial consequences of following guidelines from the Government or any other party on health matters, such as not being able to travel or alternatively having to quarantine, and therefore having to extend their booking. If Guests are unwell and cannot return home, Guests will be expected to pay all costs for their accomodation to The Edinburgh Address.
- Guests must adhere to the current house rules regarding safety and hygiene.
- Please be considerate of neighbours and local communities and follow The current Government Guidelines relating to this.
- Suspected Covid-19 cases and guest self-isolation: if a guest presents themselves with symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate please call Sean - the Host - The Edinburgh Address office asap.
- Please maintain the cleanliness of the campervan during your stay
- Should there be government restrictions imposed which impact your ability to travel or stay with us, you would have the option to defer your booking in the first instance. Where eligible an appropriate refund may be offered. Our normal terms and conditions will apply for all other cancellations. Disinclination to travel is not covered by this clause and our normal terms and conditions apply.
- It is understood that if anyone staying in the campervan contracts Covid-19, they will immediately inform their host/manager who can inform of the next steps to be taken.
Disclaimer - we are working to the best of our ability to ensure that our collaborators follow good cleaning and sanitising protocols and we have recommended they follow the Government endorsed ASSC Cleaning Protocols for Self-Catering Properties in the Context of Covid-19. However, we accept no liability should a person contract Covid-19 while in Edinburgh or while staying or using any of the properties listed on our website. Guests travel and stay in Edinburgh and stay in the property at their own risk.
THE EDINBURGH ADDRESS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The conditions contained in this document form the basis of your contract with us, as booking agent for the property. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. We act as booking agent for the property, and we will collect the payments due by you to the Accommodation Provider (including the Security Deposit). Please note that by entering into this contract you will also be entering into a separate contract with Accommodation Provider.
- The Accommodation Provider means the owner providing the accommodation to rent.
- us means The Edinburgh Address Ltd, as booking agent for the Accommodation Provider.
- you means the person booking the accommodation and includes all members of the party.
- The Booking Terms and Conditions means the contract between us, as booking agent, and you as set out in this document, the booking form and the confirmation invoice.
- The Guest Terms and Conditions means the contract between the Accommodation Provider (or a manager or agent on their behalf) and you.
- property means the campervan you have rented from the Accommodation provider.
(a) The Edinburgh Address Ltd acts as booking agent for the properties advertised on the website www.theedinburghaddress.com and other third party sites that The Edinburgh Address Ltd use to advertise accommodation.
(b) By using, browsing or visiting these sites via mobile, desktop or any other platform and then completing a booking form you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Booking Terms and Conditions and you expressly agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions.
(c) The Booking Terms and Conditions shall also apply where bookings are taken via telephone.
(d) We act as the booking agent of the Accommodation Provider and have no liability to you for the suitability or quality of accommodation, which is referred to in the Guest Terms and Conditions. If you have any complaint about the suitability or quality of the accommodation, you should refer to the Accommodation Provider – see section 15.
(e) By booking accommodation through The Edinburgh Address Ltd, you are also entering into a contract with the Accommodation Provider in accordance with the Guest Terms and Conditions, and you expressly agree to be bound by the Guest Terms and Conditions.
(f) It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents (including Passports and Visas (where applicable)) before departure.
(g) It is strongly recommended that you take out adequate travel insurance which would cover your booking.
- Making your booking Once we have received your booking form and booking deposit, we will, subject to availability, confirm your stay by issuing a confirmation invoice by email. Please check this invoice carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information, which appears on the confirmation, or any other document appears to be incorrect as it may not be possible to make changes later. Once the deposit referred to in section 2 is paid there is a binding contract between us and you as set out in the Booking Terms and Conditions, and there is a binding contract between you and the Accommodation Provider as set out in the Guest Terms and Conditions.
- Deposit/Final Payment In order to confirm your stay, a deposit of 25% of the full payment (or full payment if booking within 42 days of arrival date) as shown on the confirmation invoice must be paid to us at the time of booking. This deposit is not refundable in the event of your cancellation or failure to pay on time as set out below. The balance of the cost of your stay (the amount shown on the confirmation invoice less the deposit) must be received by us not less than 42 days prior to arrival (or at the time of booking if this date has passed). This date will be shown on the confirmation invoice. If you have not paid in full and on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case the cancellation charges set out in section 11 below will be payable.
- Vetting We reserve the right to vet all guests. By vetting we mean obtaining information about each guest who will stay in the property such as name, age, proof of identification, address and any other reasonable information. We reserve the absolute right to cancel the booking at any time should any information come to light in the vetting indicating that, in our opinion, any guest will not be a suitable guest for the accommodation. Should we cancel the booking pursuant to this section, you will be refunded the full cost of the booking, less the 25% deposit unless otherwise agreed by us.
- Use of the property The property is to be used for short term residential accommodation. You agree
(a) not to allow any animals in the property unless otherwise agreed in advance of arrival
(b) not to smoke in the property and (c) to be respectful of the neighbours and keep noise from the property to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 8am. You agree not alter the accommodation in any way, including adding or removing items and fixtures and fittings within the property.
- Security Deposit You must pay to us a security deposit of £250 (or such other sum as has been intimated to you at the time of booking) for stays of less than 2 weeks, or 10% of the booking value for stays of 2 weeks and over, 7 days before the start of your stay (or at the time of booking if this date has passed). The cost of any damage to the property or to any items in and/or at the property caused or any service charges incurred by any member of the party will be deducted by us from the security deposit at the end of your stay. If no deductions are required, your security deposit will be refunded in full to you within 7 working days after your departure from the property. Please note you should deal with the Accommodation Provider on any disagreement or dispute as to any deductions made or to be made from the security deposit.
- Utility Bills Council tax and a charge for use of utilities (taking account of what has been the norm for previous occupancies for a similar length, seasonality, and any other relevant factors) are included in the cost of your stay shown on the confirmation invoice. If the utilities bill or bills exceed the charge included in the cost of the stay shown on the confirmation invoice, the Accommodation Provider will deduct the amount of the excess from the Security Deposit.
- Number of persons Only those persons whose name appears on the Booking Form may use the property. The substitution of persons during the rental period is not allowed unless previously agreed with us. The number of persons (adults and children) must not exceed the number of sleeping places indicated on the website unless previously agreed with us.
- Arrivals On arrival you must present your confirmation details, and all the guests must provide passports or identity cards to the Accommodation Provider. If
(a) any person not included in the booking form or subsequently agreed to by us is with the party or
(b) the required documents are not available on arrival or
(c) any guest is under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is inappropriately dressed or behaves in an aggressive or otherwise unacceptable manner or
(d) in our opinion it is likely that the accommodation will be used for a purpose that contravenes section 4 or the Guest Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to cancel the booking. In this event, the full cost of your booking will not be refunded.
- The cost of your stay The price of your stay will be confirmed at the time of booking. We do however reserve the right to correct inadvertent errors in both advertised and confirmed prices, and we will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. Where we have to make any changes that will affect your booking we will notify you of these changes as soon as possible.
- Changes by you Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking (including changes in the members of the party), you must notify us as soon as possible and, in any event, not later than 48 hours before check in. We reserve the right to approve these changes, and to charge for doing this.
- Cancellation by you Should you need to cancel your stay after the booking has been made you must immediately advise us by email. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when we receive it. As we incur costs from the time we confirm your booking and may be unable to re-sell your period of stay, the following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost of the booking excluding amendment charges. Amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation. Period before start of stay within which written/email notification of cancellation is received by us. Cancellation Charge: If you cancel your booking more than 3 weeks before arrival your deposit plus 50% of the balance shall be retained If you cancel your booking less than 3 weeks before arrival your deposit plus 100% of the balance shall be retained Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of any insurance policy you may have.
- Cancellation by us before arrival As well as the rights to cancel the booking set out in sections 3 and 8, we reserve the absolute right to cancel a booking at any time before check in (a) should the Accommodation Provider advise us that the accommodation is no longer available for the period required by you or (b) should the accommodation, in our opinion, not match the standard required in the Guest Terms and Conditions. If we cancel the booking pursuant to this section, you will be refunded the full cost of the booking.
- Changes by us We may have to make changes to or correct inadvertent errors in our website descriptions and other details both before and after the booking has been confirmed. While we always endeavour to avoid changes, we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change to your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible.
- Guest Terms and Conditions The Accommodation Provider is responsible for the accommodation during your stay and the Guest Terms and Conditions deal with this.
- Complaints If you have any complaints about the accommodation during your stay, you must raise this with the Accommodation Provider during your stay, as provided in the Guest Terms and Conditions. While we will endeavour to assist in resolving complaints, ultimately, they will have to be resolved between you and the Accommodation Provider under the Guest Terms and Conditions.
ACCOMMODATION PROVIDER/GUEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is the contract between the Accommodation Provider and the Guest referred to in the Booking Terms and Conditions. The conditions in this document form the basis of the contract between the Accommodation Provider and the Guest. Please read them carefully.
- The Accommodation Provider means the owner providing the accommodation.
- The Guest means the person booking the accommodation and includes all members of the party.
- The Booking Terms and Conditions means the contract between The Edinburgh Address Ltd, as the reservation agent, and the Guest for the accommodation.
- PROPERTY The Property ("the Property”) to which this contract applies is the Property as defined in The Edinburgh Address Ltd.’s listing and the Booking Terms and Conditions.
- COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION The occupancy will commence on the date specified by the Guest on the booking form submitted to The Edinburgh Address Ltd ("the Start Date") The occupancy will end on the date specified by the Guest on the booking form submitted to The Edinburgh Address Ltd (“the End Date”) The Start Date or the End Date may only be altered with the prior approval of the Edinburgh Address Ltd and payment of any sums required due to such a change.
- OCCUPANCY AND OTHER CHARGES The Guest has provided or will be responsible for providing the following information and payment of the below charges:
3.1 Prior to the Start Date the Guest will have paid the occupancy charge in accordance with the Booking Terms and Conditions.
3.2 Prior to the Start Date the Guest will have provided The Edinburgh Address Ltd with any requested Guest information in compliance with the Booking Terms and Conditions.
3.3 Prior to the Start Date the Guest will also have paid a security deposit of £250 (or such other sum as has been intimated to the Guest at the time of booking) for stays of less than 2 weeks, or 10% of the booking value for stays of 2 weeks and over, in accordance with the Booking Terms and Conditions. The cost of any damage to the Property or to any items in and/or at the Property caused or any service charges incurred by any member of the party will be deducted from the security deposit at the end of the Guest’s occupation. If no deductions are required, the security deposit will be refunded in full to the Guest within 7 working days after the End Date. Any disagreement or dispute as to any deductions made or to be made from the security deposit will be dealt with between the Accommodation Provider and the Guest.
3.4 Council tax and a charge for use of utilities (taking account of what has been the norm for previous occupancies for a similar length, seasonality, and any other relevant factors) are included in the cost of the Guest’s stay shown on the confirmation invoice. If the utilities bill or bills exceed the charge included in the cost of the stay shown on the confirmation invoice, the Accommodation Provider will deduct the amount of the excess from the Security Deposit.
- GUEST’S OCCUPATION AND USE OF THE PROPERTY
4.1 The Guest will take reasonable care of the Property, and will keep the Property in the same state of repair and condition as it was at the Start Date. In particular, the Guest will:
- not bring any hazardous or combustible goods or material into the Property;
- not pour any oil, grease, or other damaging materials down the drains or waste pipes;
iii. avoid danger to the Property or neighbouring properties by way of fire or flooding;
- ensure the Property and its fixtures and fittings are kept clean during the tenancy; and
- not interfere with the smoke detectors, heat detectors or the fire alarm system;
- use appropriate bins provided for general waste, recycling and garden waste;
vii. remove all their belongings at the end of the stay. Any items not belonging to the Accommodation Provider shall be disposed of once the booking has ended.
4.2 The Property is to be used for short term residential accommodation. The Guest agrees
(a) not to allow any animals in the Property unless otherwise agreed in advance of arrival
(b) not to smoke in the Property and
(c) to be respectful of the neighbours and keep noise from the Property to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 8am.
4.3 The Guest shall be responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate documentation and insurances for their travel and accommodation prior to arrival.
- GUEST’S CONDUCT
Without prejudice to paragraph 4.2:-
5.1 The Guest must not harass or act in an antisocial manner to, or pursue a course of antisocial conduct against any person in the neighbourhood (including residents, visitors and agents of the Accommodation Provider. "Antisocial" means causing or likely to cause alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to any person or causing damage to anyone's property. Harassment of a person includes causing the person alarm or distress, and antisocial conduct includes speech.
5.2 In particular, the Guest must not:
- make excessive noise. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of televisions, hi-fis, radios and musical instrument;
- keep any animals or pets in the accommodation without the prior written consent of the Accommodation Provider. Any such consent will not be unreasonably withheld. Any pet (where permitted) will be kept under supervision and control to ensure that it does not cause deterioration in the accommodation or any common areas, or nuisance either to neighbours or in the locality of the Property.
iii. allow visitors to the Property to be noisy or disruptive;
- use the Property or allow it to be used, for illegal or immoral purposes;
- vandalise or damage the Property or any part of the common parts or neighbourhood;
- leave rubbish ether in unauthorised places or at inappropriate times;
vii. use or carry offensive weapons in or to the Property;
viii use drugs or consume inappropriate amounts of alcohol in the Property.
Any complaints about the accommodation or its contents, must be raised with the Accommodation Provider (or their agent) during the course of the Guest’s stay.
- GUEST CANCELLATION POLICY
Should the Guest cancel, such cancellation shall be dealt with as provided in the Booking Terms and Conditions.
- ACCOMMODATION PROVIDER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
8.1 The Accommodation Provider must provide to the Guest, through the Edinburgh Address Limited, full 24 hour detail contact details for themselves or whoever is responsible for meeting and looking after the Guest during their stay.
8.2 The Property must contain all items for the use of the Guest, as advised by The Edinburgh Address Limited.
8.3 The Accommodation Provider is responsible for ensuring that The Property is safe, ready to accommodate guests, that the Property is clean and has provided linen, towels and welcome packs as advised by The Edinburgh Address Limited.
8.4 The Accommodation Provider must ensure that the relevant buildings and contents insurance is in place at all times.
8.5 The Accommodation Provider will take out and maintain appropriate public liability insurance and occupiers’ liability insurance for the Property.
- EMERGENCY ACCESS
The Guest agrees to give immediate access to the Accommodation Provider in an emergency. The Accommodation Provider reserves the right to effect forcible entry to the Property should such access not be made available.